- “[A non-Indian] said that he was really sorry about what had happened to Indians, but that there was good reason for it. The continent had to be developed and he felt that Indians had stood in the way and thus had had to be removed. “After all,” he remarked, “what did you do to the land when you had it?” I didn’t understand him until later when I discovered that the Cuyahoga River running through Cleveland is inflammable….How many Indians could have thought of creating a flammable river?” – Vine Deloria Jr., Standing Rock Sioux
Popular TopicsAboriginal workers AFLCIO Canada Canadian Labour Congress CBTU Cherokee Council Fire Cree Dakota Pipeline Domestic Violence Ellen Gabriel First Nations Harold Cardinal human rights IAM&AW IHS ILCA Indian Country Indian Health Services Indian Law Resource Center Indigenous Peoples Inter Tribal Warrior Society Inuit Kevin Cummings Kris Thompson LCLAA Lumbee Machinists Union Mohawk National Aboriginal Day National Congress of American Indians native american Native American Rights Fund Native Americans native rights Native Veterans native vote native women Navajo NCAI Stephen Harper voter registration Warren Gohl Wayne Thompson WSLC
- New Mexico State Fed (AFLCIO) Stands Up for Native Voice in Labor February 20, 2018
- Native Americans are Being Killed by Police at a Higher Rate than Any Other Group in the Country December 9, 2017
- Council FIRE Now Recognized by Sixteen States October 19, 2017
- Washington State Labor Council Convention Passes Resolution in Support of Native American Workers and Council FIRE September 24, 2017
- Tribal Nations Continuing to Support Action on Climate Change and Paris Accord June 12, 2017
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.